What a Great Opening Week! Thank you.
Wine Tasting on Friday, a Graduation Party on Saturday, Chris Hoovers 50th Birthday on Sunday & Beautiful Weather for the entire weekend.
Swim Team Practice has begun and we are off to a good start. The kids are in and getting a feel for the water again. We are already working on skills that will help this season and continue with them their entire lifetime. My Mini-Marlins (the 6 & Unders) are doing AMAZING. They are in the water and trying everything we tell them to do. They are so cute working on their stroke while learning to swim. If you would like your child to try swim team, now is the time. If you wait until later in the summer they will have missed numerous practices. Come down and let them experience time as a Marlin.
With the pending weather in the next couple days, we are going to try communicate more via the internet. I am going to try and post cancellations on Facebook if they happen. If the weather is not cooperating for Covered Dish tomorrow or swim practice I will post something on Facebook. I will try to make a decision as early as possible. But sometimes the thunder just happens. If all fails call the pool at 919-345-7410.
Also keep track of what is happening at the pool with Facebook. I amcontinually posting picture on our page.
Check out our updated website: www.lakeparkswimclub.com or www.lakeparkpool.com. Rhonda Clerkin has been working very hard to rework it and make it better. I am trying really hard to keep the calendar aspect of it up to date so you can use the google calendar (it has only taken me 7 years).
1) Saturday, May 17, 8 pm Adult Social-Halloween Party info attached.
2) Friday, May 16, 7-8pm Ice Cream Social & Rafts. $1 for Ice Cream
3) Please review Pool Rules & Regulations with your family.
4) Check out LPK’s Summer Camp info. Aug 4-8 & Aug 11-15.
5) Sanderson’s Soccer Camp by Coach Todd Worley, info is attached.
6) Raleigh Volleyball Club will have a Summer Camp at LPK, info is attached.
7) Open House that last Two Weeks
First two weeks are FREE for neighbors, friends, guest & prospective members. Please spread the word and invite them down. We have many activities for them to participate in the first two weeks, they are invited and welcome to all of them.
8) Dinner with The Marlins, Mark your calendars for our next Dinner on May 19th from 4pm to 8pm at PDQ http://www.eatpdq.com 6305 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh. When you order make sure you mention you are there supporting Lake Park Swim Team.
9) Please be looking for New Members for the season. Each year families move or their kids age out of using the pool. We are asking your help in recruiting New Members. This way we can continue to operate as one of Raleigh’s finest Family Pools. Your help is vital for our continued success and greatly appreciated. If you know of any opportunities to connect with new families or individuals please contact me. I have been working with local schools & their PTA’s to promote LPK . If you have ideas in mind let me know; Friends from schools, churches, social groups, sports teams, scouts invite them to check us out “The Pool with a Family Atmosphere ”. You are my greatest asset- “Word of Mouth” from friends. Download the Lake Park Swim Club Brochure to share with friends & neighbors.
10) There is a referral program that is available. It can be a discount up to $50 per family towards your next year’s membership. For each family your refer to LPK and they join the club (Family Membership). The following year you will earn a $50.00 credit towards you membership fees. If the membership is for a single or for part of the summer the discount will be adjusted. Speak to Stew for details. THANK YOU for your help in acquiring new members!!! It is GREATLY appreciated!!
11) Mark your Calendars:
- Swim Team Practice has begun M-F. All lanes will be used 4:30 – 6:15 pm but the Baby Pool & the 2-foot area will be open. This is a great opportunity for your child to work on a skill that will last a life time-Swimming. They will work on being self sufficient around the water, build their confidence and you can feel more comfortable when they are around the water. For more detailed information see the attachment 2014 Swim Team Parents Meeting.
Monday – Friday
4:30-5:30pm Age 11 & Older
5:15-6:15pm Age 7-10
6:15-7:00pm Age 6 & Under / Mini Marlins
- May 15, 6:15 pm COVERED DISH, THURSDAY NIGHT SUPPER AT THE POOL Bring a main dish with at least 8-10 servings and a salad, side, or dessert to share. Beverages, utensils, napkins, plates, etc. provided. Bring foods in non-breakable containers please.
- Friday, May 16, 7 pm ICE CREAM SOCIAL for entire family, $1. each. Rafts allowed.
- Saturday, May 17, 8 pm Adult Social-Halloween Party
Don’t be afraid to come to the Lakepark
Saturday, May 17
8 – 11 pm
Bring snack food to share.
Bring a guest or two or three.
Costumes would be fun, but optional
- May 22, , 6:15 pm COOKOUT, THURSDAY NIGHT SUPPER AT THE POOL
Hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, and the trimmings are available at a small cost . Please bring a salad or dessert to share. Beverages provided.
- Saturday, May 24, 7-10 pm MINI LOCK-IN Ages 8-15 (must be able to swim-see Stew) The charge is $8. for members and $10. for non-members which includes pizza and drinks. Rafts allowed after 9 pm. Guests are welcomed! Bring a friend.
- Sunday, May 25 FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT, when the sun goes down, 8:20 pm.
12) Hour of Operations listed below.
** Weekdays May 10 through June 10 ** Limited Hours of Guarding 3:30-7pm
** Please see below for more details.
Times the pool will be open with Guards on duty.
M-W ** Limited Hours of Guarding 3:30-7pm **.
Th, F ** Limited Hours of Guarding 3:30-8pm **
Sat, Sun Normal hours. 10am-8pm (unless other wise noted)
If you would like access to the pool before 3:30pm, please contact me and we will make arrangements. Stew at 345-7410. There is touch pad lock to gain access to the pool. Please contact me directly so I can give you the code. This will enable you to enter the pool and swim at your own risk. There will be NO Lifeguards available other than the posted times. There are a couple of signs posted “No Lifeguard on Duty”. Please do not let anyone in, if they do not have the code. This is for their protection & yours. Have them call me. Also please DO NOT KEEP THE FRONT DOOR OPEN, let it shut and the others be responsible for opening the door for themselves.
I understand that some children are tracked out of school and that others have smaller children not yet in school, and still more that don’t have kids and want to use the pool. For this reason I am trying to make the pool available earlier in the day. It is not feasible to have guards for the entire day, while most my staff is attending school. This is why I would like you to contact me and we can discuss the touch pad lock on the front door. If you have any question please call me (919) 345-7410
Thank you for your time and support.
Lakepark Swim Club
“The Pool with a Family Atmosphere”